Thursday, August 18, 2011

Using Picture Books to Teach History

Today's morning session by Dr. Fran Macko was AMAZING! When it comes to teaching history using picture books, I have definitely drank the Kool-Aid. I agree with Dr. Macko on so many many points. I know that picture books really engage students of all ages, and that picture books make the content accessible to all. I realize that our world is becoming more visual and less textual, and that as a result we must teach our students to analyze images the same way we teach them to analyze text. I also understand that picture books make learning fun! I have already gone online and purchased every single picture book that Dr. Macko spoke of today, and I cannot WAIT to use these in my classroom! Thanks for a truly memorable session.

No comments:

Post a Comment